Wednesday, February 22, 2012


here is what helped me focus on what to eat everyday and keep track of what I was really eating when I lost 10 lbs spring of 2010!


These charts helped me interpret how much fiber I really was eating! This one is from IHC but I looked up several other fiber charts on google and found other decent ones too.

This one I didn't fill out as much but I think that weighing yourself once a week will give you some kind of sign that you may be doing something right. I think I will try this again!

2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that your fiber chart has no meat, dairy, or eggs on it. No fiber in those foods.

    Health can practically be measured by how much fiber you are consuming. I try to get around 100g+ a day! Well, I don't count, but maybe I should start, just as an experiment to see how much fiber I really am getting.

    This is the "secret" to feeling really full, and then just having your food go right through you (since we cannot digest fiber) and therefore lose weight.

    I really like your charts -- maybe I'll start using them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw a chart showing the fiber in food I saw meat, eggs etc and there was NO FIBER I ran my finger down the list and saw chicken: "0", Beef, "0", Eggs "0." I was so SHOCKED because if you think of meat, it seems so fiberous (think shredded chicken etc.) I watched this movie from vegan-gal.com, she showed all these charts on fiber and did comparisons. I think I watched the movie for free (instant watch) on Netflix or Amazon, I can't remember. But I really liked it. Anyway, it was really facinating!

    ReplyDelete